Monday, May 14, 2012

"shooting an elephant"

We are ready to represent the best custom paper writing assistance that can cope with any task like "shooting an elephant" even at the eleventh hour. The matter is that we posses the greatest base of expert writers. Our staff of freelance writers includes approximately 300 experienced writers are at your disposal all year round. They are striving to provide the best ever services to the most desperate students that have already lost the hope for academic success. We offer the range of the most widely required, however, not recommended for college use papers. It is advisable to use our examples like "shooting an elephant" in learning at public-education level. Get prepared and be smart with our best essay samples cheap and fast! Get in touch and we will write excellent custom coursework or essay especially for you.



Ironically, tyrants must often make decisions to please those they are suppressing. In George Orwell’s essay, “Shooting an Elephant,” the author creates a metaphor for “The real motives for which despotic governments act.” Orwell suggests that in becoming a tyrant of an imperialized nation, the ruler becomes a puppet of the people. They, like the narrator of Orwell’s essay, are driven to show no mercy or fear, make choices to please the people, and to act against their morals and better judgement to conform with their government.


In “Shooting an Elephant,” the narrator describes his feelings while approaching the elephant. Even armed with a rifle, a shadow of doubt crosses his mind. He could miss his target, in which case he would have no time to reload before being crushed by the elephant. He pushes his apprehension aside, however, because of the two thousand natives watching, judging him. He musters up false courage and shoots the elephant to the joy of the natives. Orwell points out that tyrants must do like the narrator in his essay; they must appear calm and confident at all times so the people don’t doubt them. Tyrants feel a need to prove themselves to the ones they rule, to gain respect by seeming fierce and fearless.





The peacefulness of the golf course made me feel calm inside. I pictured my first shot down the middle of the fairway while approaching the first tee box. I took out a white tee out of my off white Dockers pants and gently poked it into the ground. I placed my Calaway golf ball on the tee and stood five feet back from the ball. I went to my FVHS golf bag and took out my Taylor Made 60 driver. While taking three practice swings I mentally pictured my tee shot again. I slowly walked up to the ball and took my golf stance. I could feel my dads presence as I got ready to hit my first shot. I took the driver up and swung hard at the ball. It was a solid shot. It felt so pure that it felt like I didnt hit the ball. The ball had perfect trajectory and when to the left middle of the fairway. The ball went around two hundred and eighty yards and was around seventy





yards away for the pin. My dad was shocked at how far I hit my first shot. For my second shot I took out my 60 degree lob wedge and stood behind my ball again. I went through my procedure again. I stood five feet away from the ball lining it up with the pin, took three practice swings while mentally picturing my shot going near the hole. After my procedure I walked up to the ball and took my stance again, but this time my feet were slightly closer together. I was more relaxed the my first shot because my dad wasnt as close to me and I felt like I was not as pressured to hit another great shot. I took the club back and swung hard again. Another solid shot. It felt exactly like my tee shot...pure. I hit my second shot right of the pin and landed about six feet from the cup. My dad was surprised how close I got my second shot. This was the first time I had played golf with him in a year and did not expect me to improve this much. As I walked closer to the green I started to tremble. I started to question myself... Can I make this putt?... Are you confident in your putting right now?. All these questions were going through my head and I felt like something bad was going to happen. When I got to the green I marked my ball with my Los Coyote ball marker and stood away from it. I let my dad and the other people in my group go first because I did not want to miss this birdie opportunity. I read the green carefully and it looked like it was going to break right to left about three inches. I hate those putts because they are the ones that you have to have perfect control of the speed and direction. Those putt are the trickiest for me and my friend. I walked up to my marker and placed my ball and the green. I took my putting stance and lined up my putter three inches right of the cup. I breathed slowly and took my putter back and gently hit the ball. it seemed so long for the ball to move towards the cup. It looked as if I was going to lip out my birdie putt, but within the last two feet i got my break and the ball started to curve. the ball hit the left side of the cup and went in. It felt so good making that putt and I felt so proud of myself. I could tell that my dad was proud of me to by the smile on his face. After the round of golf my dad and I had a common interest in golf and we play more rounds with each other.


Normal


Normal


Default Paragraph Font


Default Paragraph Font


nathan nguyenHCDocuments and Settings

athan nguyenMy Documentselliotts paper.docÿڕL


Times New Roman


Times New Roman


Symbol


Symbol


nathan nguyen





Mind that the sample papers like "shooting an elephant" presented are to be used for review only. In order to warn you and eliminate any plagiarism writing intentions, it is highly recommended not to use the essays in class. In cases you experience difficulties with essay writing in class and for in class use, order original papers with our expert writers. Cheap custom papers can be written from scratch for each customer that entrusts his or her academic success to our writing team. Order your unique assignment from the best custom writing services cheap and fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment